Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Kawakib - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Kawakib > Topics

Subject: SAWAAL JAWAAB (WE NEED INFORMETION)
Replies: 90 Views: 11669
6-<< 2-<

aysha111 5.10.10 - 12:48pm
N where is my answer. @ tan12 bro,, miss shy,, mohsin11 bro.,,, kawakib bro. *

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 12:49pm
to what sister?

aysha111 5.10.10 - 12:52pm
In which position i sit. When i take meal.? @ miss shy *

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 01:00pm
Bismillaah

Author: islamqa.com

Eating habits and diet of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)

Question:
What were the diet and eating habits of the Prophet , and his Companians?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The Prophets guidance with regard to food is perfect guidance. It was described by Ibn al-Qayyim as follows:

When he put his hand in the food, he would say, Bismillaah (in the Name of Allaah), and he told people to say this when eating. He said, When any one of you eats, let him mention the name of Allaah. If he forgets to mention the name of Allaah at the beginning, let him say Bismillaahi fi awwalihi wa aakhirihi (in the name of Allaah at its beginning and at its end). Saheeh hadeeth, narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1859) and Abu Dawood (3767).

The correct view is that it is obligatory to mention the name of Allaah (say Bismillaah) when eating. The ahaadeeth which state this are saheeh and are clear, with no contradictions in them.

When he raised the food to his mouth, he would say, Al-hamdu Lillaahi hamdan katheeran tayyiban mubaarakan fihi ghayri makfiyyin wa laa muwadda wa laa mustaghni anhu Rabbanaa azza wa jall (Allaah be praised with an abundant, beautiful, blessed praise. He is the One Who is Sufficient, Who feeds and is never fed, The One Who is longed for, along with that which is with Him, and the One Who is needed. He is Our Lord, may He be glorified). Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5142).

He never criticized food at all. If he liked it, he would eat it, and if he did not like it, he would leave it and not say anything. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3370) and Muslim (2064).

Or he would say, I do not feel like eating this. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5076) and Muslim (1946).

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 01:01pm
And he said to his step-son Umar ibn Abi Salamah when he was eating with him: Say Bismillaah and eat from that which is in front of you in the dish*. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5061) and Muslim (2022). [* At the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), people used to eat together from one dish, and children would sometimes forget the correct etiquette. - Translator]

He would repeatedly urge his guests to eat, as generous hosts do, and as is seen in the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah, narrated by al-Bukhaari, about the story of drinking milk, where he repeatedly said to him, Drink! and he kept telling him to drink until he (the guest) said, By the One Who sent you with the truth, I have no more room for it! Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6087).

When he ate with others, he would not leave until he had made duaa for them. He made duaa in the house of Abd-Allaah ibn Bisr, and said: O Allaah, bless for them that which You have provided for them, forgive them and have mercy on them. Narrated by Muslim (2042).

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 01:02pm
He commanded people to eat with their right hands and forbade them to eat with their left hands. He said, The Shaytaan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand. Narrated by Muslim (2020). This implies that eating with the left hand is haraam, and this is the correct view, because the one who eats with his left hand is either a shaytaan (a devil), or he is imitating the Shaytaan.

It was also reported in a saheeh hadeeth that he told a man who was eating with his left hand in his presence, Eat with your right hand! The man said, I cannot. He said, May you never be able to! and the man never lifted his right hand to his mouth after that. Narrated by Muslim (2021). If it was permissible (to eat with the left hand), he would not have prayed against him for doing so. It was the mans stubborn arrogance that made him refuse to obey the command, and this is the utmost disobedience which deserved this prayer against him.

He commanded those who complained that they never felt full to eat together and not separately, and to mention the name of Allaah (say Bismillaah) over the food so that He might bless it for them. Narrated by Abu Dawood (3764) and Ibn Maajah (3286).

(See Zaad al-Maaad, 2/397-406)

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 01:03pm
It was also reported that he said, I do not eat reclining. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5083.

He used to eat using the first three fingers (of his right hand), which is the best way of eating.

See: Zaad al-Maaad, 220-222. And Allaah knows best.

The Prophets guidance regarding diet:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to know what he was eating.

He used to eat what was good for him.

He used to eat enough to keep him going, but no so much as to make him fat. Ibn Umar narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: The believer eats in one stomach whilst the kaafir eats in seven. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5081) and Muslim (2060).

He taught his ummah something to protect them from diseases caused by eating and drinking. He said: The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few mouthfuls, to keep him going. If he must do that (fill his stomach), then let him fill one third with food, one third with drink and one third with air. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1381), Ibn Maajah (3349); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (2265).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 01:04pm
http://highwaytoheavan.wordpress.com/islamic-manners-adab/how-the-prophet-muhammad-peace-on-him-ate/ *

tan12 5.10.10 - 01:59pm
May Allah swt bless u too.
btw, u giv ref. 4m islamqa.com!
Shaikh Munajjid's fatwas r banned in saudi (as far as i heard)! lol.GIF *

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 02:20pm
yes i heard that, but why?! *

mohsin11 5.10.10 - 06:43pm
reading.GIF very good @ Arab grl n tanveer bro. *

aysha111 5.10.10 - 08:00pm
JazakAllah miss shy. Wallahi u ppl doing great job for islam. May Allah SWT always bless u. *

aysha111 5.10.10 - 08:05pm
Sorry but i have many questions in my mind. and one of them is. Can i take meal on Dining Table.? @ Miss shy. blush2.GIF *

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 10:22pm
sister dont apologize sweety, its ur right as a muslim to ask questions on things u dont know *

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 10:59pm
Praise be to Allaah.

It was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never ate at a table. In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (6450) it was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never ate at a table (khiwaan) until he died and he never ate soft bread until he died.

It says in Awn al-Mabood: The khiwaan is a table made of wood with legs on each side; eating from such a table is the habit of those who live a life of luxury, so that they do not have to bend over and tilt their heads when eating.

There is no doubt that it is permissible to eat at a khiwaan or at a high table, and to eat soft bread. But the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) refrained from those things out of humility and as a sign of his giving up the pleasures of this world.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said: The fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) refrained from eating at tables and eating soft bread meant that he was giving up the pleasures of this world in return for the pleasures of the abiding world (of the Hereafter).

This does not justify denouncing those who do things like that. If a person visits people and finds them eating at a table, there is nothing wrong with him eating with them at the table. They would find it very strange indeed if he were to go away and sit on the floor on his own; he should not make them do that, rather he should accept their invitation and eat with them. If he explains to them what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, and reminds them of asceticism (zuhd), that is very good. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/21917 *

tan12 5.10.10 - 11:39pm
Shaikh Munajjid is nt among da register scholers 2 giv fatwas! May b tats da reason.idea.GIF *

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 11:44pm
yes but he is one of the bests! *

tan12 5.10.10 - 11:44pm
as the title suggest i too wanna ask a question!
U r giving da links of islamqa coz it pro salafi? @arab_grl *

tan12 5.10.10 - 11:44pm
omg! Ur here! *

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 11:45pm
I give his fatwas becos i know his works & I trust him & I feel secure with his rulings.. & yes that too helps about him being Salafi. I will proudly admit I follow the way of Ahle Sunnah W'al Jamaa. *

arab_grl 5.10.10 - 11:46pm
Yes, I am. Always I look at my notifications to see if anyone has questioned or posted in certain topics, always fatsly I try an reply. It helps keep the ball rolling. *

tan12 6.10.10 - 08:02am
chin.GIF yeah! agree.GIF *

tan12 6.10.10 - 08:28am
and it also help u in gaining more thawabs *

arab_grl 6.10.10 - 08:43pm
yup, ur right shake.GIF *

mohsin11 7.10.10 - 06:12am
wow.GIF superb answer arab grl,, can i ask u a question? Will u answer me? *

arab_grl 7.10.10 - 12:15pm
eyebrow.GIF SiGh lol ok mr Mohsin,, Go ahead lets here ur question... hook.GIF *

aysha111 8.10.10 - 12:47pm
JazakAllah @ miss shy,,, you are a genious. (: *

arab_grl 8.10.10 - 12:53pm
shy.GIF omg noooo! shy.GIF *

aysha111 15.12.10 - 04:13pm
yes.GIF yes you Are. *

arab_grl 15.12.10 - 05:37pm
omg hug.GIF *

kawakib 21.12.10 - 03:56am
789932.gif @ Arab_grl *

arab_grl 21.12.10 - 07:26pm
ur welcome Kawakib brother n jazakallaahu khair to you also for all ur topics in informations *

6-<< 2-<

* Kawakib Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Kawakib

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits